191. Off Wrexham Road, Chester Installed at the entrance to the Wrexham Road Park & Ride car park site is a Davis PT 1180 post-top lantern fitted to a 5 m tubular steel column. The column is installed as a way of highlighting the splitter for the adjacent roundabout, with the lantern running a mercury vapour (MBF) lamp. There is belief that the lantern may have been fitted as new, old stock, as its bowl is not heavily yellowed, despite running the MBF lamp; had the lantern been in use for longer, the bowl may have discoloured further - it was pictured in 2019, whilst Google Street View imagery suggests that it was in use for at least a decade prior to that. A Forest City / Signature 'Cityflex' keep-left bollard is positioned at the start of the splitter.
For assistance in identification, the Davis logo is cast into the lantern's base casting.
< Previous | Next >
BACK TO SURVIVORS PAGE
BACK TO INDEX PAGE
CLICK HERE TO MAKE A MONETARY DONATION
© 2002 - English Street Lights Online