Local Holophane V-Maxs
Although not used on any roads in the Derbyshire, the V-Max lantern can be seen in public car parks that are owned by Erewash Borough Council; these replaced floodlights running SON lamps in mid-2016.
These V-Max lanterns can be seen in a car park just behind Tamworth Road in Long Eaton.
The twin-arm brackets were fitted along with the new lanterns; the slight difference in their paint colour (in comparison to that of the column itself) is evidence of this.
The lanterns are fitted with new-style Royce Thompson Oasis 1000 photocells. The NEMA sockets for these photocells are situated in a most curious position on the lanterns.
A characteristic of the V-Max lantern is the chevron-shaped area that houses the LEDs. The lantern is modular, and up to eight separate chevrons can be fitted.
The single chevron houses four separate clusters, with each cluster comprising four LEDs.
A large Thorn 'SONPak' floodlight existed here previously.
Single lanterns are mounted post-top to their columns.
BACK TO LOCAL SIDE-ENTRY LANTERNS PAGE
BACK TO LOCAL LANTERNS PAGE
BACK TO INDEX PAGE
CLICK HERE TO MAKE A MONETARY DONATION
© 2002 - English Street Lights Online